Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Magnetic field and how it is dangerous

RobertoKun

Apr 3, 2023
My question is about magnetic fields and their relation to health. I intend to buy a product on AliExpress that uses a magnetic field generator to keep a decoration suspended in the air. However, I am concerned that the magnetic field required for this may be so strong that it could be harmful to the health of both adults and children. I would like to know if anyone can tell me the intensity of the magnetic field of this item and if it poses any danger to the health of adults and children. Here is the link: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005...ePPC__xxxxxx__1680481837&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Hasn't bothered the cat or the plant, clock still working.......I would think zero concern.

More likely to get dead brain cells occuring from your microwave oven or walking down the street.

If that doesn't convince you then simply don't buy the thing, simple. :rolleyes:

Honestly, is there zero common sense left in the world just because WHS says it doesn't exist..????.......??

crutschow

May 7, 2021
What makes you think magnetic fields, of such low intensity are dangerous?
Even the huge magnetic fields they use in MRI machines are only dangerous if you have anything magnetic in you clothes, which can cause mechanical injury from the forceful movement of the object into you body.

Last edited:

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
What makes you think magnetic fields, of such low intensity are dangerous?
Sounds to me like the remaining drib drabs from the band of "power line" and "supply transformer" brain and health claims league from 10 to 20 years ago.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
. I would like to know if anyone can tell me the intensity of the magnetic field of this item
About 500 Gauss or 0.05 Tesla.
You must remember our entire lives are spent in a magnetic field produced by the Earth's molten core.
Generally speaking, magnetic fields create forces that push on moving charges.The human body has plenty of moving charges inside it.
The moving charges are the different atoms that make up the molecules of the human body,
Or I should say the electrons orbiting a positively charged nucleus of an atom.
The electric attraction between the electron & the nucleus pulls the electron inward, while the rules of quantum mechanics prevent the electron from collapsing down completely onto the nucleus.The relevant “rule of quantum mechanics” my "avatar" is the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, which says that if you confine an electron to a volume of size r, then the electron’s momentum has to be at least as large as the corresponding kinetic energy is.
The smaller or more tightly you try to confine the electron the more kinetic energy it gets. But if the magnetic field is strong enough it can distort the orbit of the electrons around the nucleus enough to sufficiently change their shape, then the atoms chemistry would change dramatically & these atoms that make up the molecules would start to fall apart.
I could be wrong but I think the strongest static magnetic fields we can create artificially are only about 100 Tesla, & as pointed out correctly,
it is perfectly safe to get an MRI scan,
during the scan you are exposed to several Tesla's.