Maker Pro
Maker Pro

mic combination

Sheikh Hassam

Mar 31, 2015
What happens if we connect several mics in series or parallel? Are they increase the sensitivity of circuit?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
What happens if we connect several mics in series or parallel? Are they increase the sensitivity of circuit?
This can be looked at in a similar manner to guitar pickups being wired in series or parallel.
Ultimately, it will change the impedance or the 'new compound microphone' which will affect how it is amplified.
Then you run into issues where the microphones may be picking up sounds out of phase to each other or picking up harmonics. You also cannot use any mic that requires power.
What are you trying to accomplish?

Sheikh Hassam

Mar 31, 2015
This can be looked at in a similar manner to guitar pickups being wired in series or parallel.
Ultimately, it will change the impedance or the 'new compound microphone' which will affect how it is amplified.
Then you run into issues where the microphones may be picking up sounds out of phase to each other or picking up harmonics. You also cannot use any mic that requires power.
What are you trying to accomplish?
i am trying to make a clap circuit which uses 741op-amp with 9v battery, i think that these combinations can increase its sensitivity.....can you please help me in making a highly sensitive clap circuit?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
i am trying to make a clap circuit which uses 741op-amp with 9v battery, i think that these combinations can increase its sensitivity.....can you please help me in making a highly sensitive clap circuit?
Well, to be fair. I have a gaming headset with a mic on it which is probably no more than 3/16" in diameter and it can quite easily pick up sounds throughout my room even if I don't want it too. Of course, if I turn up the amplification on it, you can hear even more!
So instead of trying to build a microphone array, I think the better approach would be using a single decent quality microphone, a clean power supply, and a clean amplifier...
Of course, I say this because I do not have any hands on experience with a microphone array. All I can tell you is a related experience with a guitar pickups in which wiring them in series or parallel may make the instrument sound 'warmer'