Maker Pro
Maker Pro

microwave door removal

cactus bum

Sep 23, 2009
Howdy, I have an e-wave microwave oven model KOT-152UW. I need to remove the door in order to reinforce a cracked portion of the door just below the handle. I plan to superglue a plastic piece over the crack, but in order to use the superglue in the horizontal position I have to remove the door. There are two screws that appear to be holding the bottom hinge but when I remove the screws the hinge doesn't seem to become loose in order to drop down and make room for the hinge pin in the door to become free of the body of the oven. I am repair savvy, but this stumps me. Any help? Thanks, Cactus

tvtek

Sep 14, 2009
Instead of putting yourself at risk, do not repair the door on a microwave oven. Instead replace it. Some microwave ovens require almost complete disassembly to remove the door. At this point its probably cheaper to replace the oven.

jerryg50

Apr 18, 2010
Howdy, I have an e-wave microwave oven model KOT-152UW. I need to remove the door in order to reinforce a cracked portion of the door just below the handle. I plan to superglue a plastic piece over the crack, but in order to use the superglue in the horizontal position I have to remove the door. There are two screws that appear to be holding the bottom hinge but when I remove the screws the hinge doesn't seem to become loose in order to drop down and make room for the hinge pin in the door to become free of the body of the oven. I am repair savvy, but this stumps me. Any help? Thanks, Cactus

This is very risky for safety!!!

Most of these ovens require a big unassembly to remove the door.

As for gluing the door, you are taking the risk of a reaction between the glue and the microwave radiation. This can release chemical gasses that are dangerous.

If you were to remove the door, when you put it back you will require the proper set-up to test for radiation leakage. Radiation leakage from a microwave oven is a serious health situation.

Please visit and and read the site from the link below:
http://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitti...ationemittingproducts/consumers/ucm142616.htm

Jerry G. :cool: