Maker Pro
Maker Pro

(Might be) a useful video for those who love switching transistor

BlackMelon

Aug 7, 2012
Hello,

I've found a good video which has explained about the switching process very clearly.... It says about charging junction capacitance, storage time delay and so on.... I think it's necessary for understanding switching transistor.

Hope it helps ^_^

BlackMelon

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I've found a good video

I will admit to nodding off a little toward the end of the lecture, but...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, the lecturer seems to be calculating off times assuming the base is pulled to -Vcc via Rb. Given the circuit, wouldn't 0V be a more reasonable assumption?

I've seen a few if these lectures before. The start always makes me think of Diwali, and then it goes on, and on, and on...

You have a huge collection...

Some are also really slow.... From the link given above, I challenge anyone to sit through more than 5 minutes of this:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
And do you know what I find really jarring?

A * B is "A into B"
A / B is "A by B"

I'm not sure where they come from.

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
And do you know what I find really jarring?

A * B is "A into B"
A / B is "A by B"

I'm not sure where they come from.

That is the normal Nomenclature used here.

The Multiplication is called "into" and the Division "by" (old British usage !!)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Probably an example of India clinging to British traditions that the British have probably long left behind.

If somebody mentioned A by B to me, I would think A * B. I wonder how many people think likewise. To me A into B is more closely related to B / A (how many times does A go into B) than anything else.

This makes the videos interesting and potentially troubling from a cultural understanding point of view to viewers in some contries. It is not inconceivable that a person listening who does not have this Ye Olde British understanding could get things completely wrong.

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
No, these videos are not meant for First Timers. Here, the students learn the "Ye Olde British" (!) style and they all know the "into" and "by".

" If somebody mentioned A by B to me, I would think A * B. I wonder how many people think likewise. To me A into B is more closely related to B / A (how many times does A go into B) than anything else. "

Yes, its point. Really - How Many People Think Likewise?