Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Milwaukee Battery Problem

Waynelee

Mar 22, 2021
Autozone and their battery warranty. Did I get beat ?
I went to start my 'weekend' car today and it was totally dead. I tried charging it but no go. I've had this happen before and it's usually when the battery is too far gone and needs to be replaced.
I don't remember when I bought the duralast gold battery so no receipt but a sticker on the side of the battery said 9/16 so I was hoping I did buy it less than 3 years ago.
They pulled up the info when I gave them my phone number but said there was no warranty on it. I asked him when I bought it but he didnt say. He then said that probably at the time I bought the battery there was no 3 year warranty. Is that true?
is there anyone can help me? Many thanks.

Moderatots note : removed commercial link

Last edited by a moderator:

danadak

Feb 19, 2021
I go to the consumer affairs advocate in your state. Supply a timeline of facts, etc..

Sometimes you get help, many times no.

I had some guy at a parts/service store, VIP, try to pull some BS on an inspection,
"my tires discolored", supplied State with info, they directed to appropriate department,
State called VIP and quickly I got a call was told to come back to get my sticker.

If you do not get a satisfactory answer / help from State make sure you ask them who
in government responds to consumer complaints, put them on notice.

Good luck.

Regards, Dana.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
He then said that probably at the time I bought the battery there was no 3 year warranty. Is that true?
The warranty may have been as little as 12 months (legally). Batteries are devices that suffer from mis-use and therefore capable of being damaged by the buyer and the seller can't accept 'unlimited' responsibility as they could end up with an ever-increasing demand from people who don't fit/use them correctly.

If you - and I stress 'you' since it was in your possession at that time - allowed the battery to discharge beyond its safe level (thereby preventing it from being recharged) then that's no fault of the seller. It's a case of 'suck it up' - and remember to keep a check on the replacement in future.