Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Milwaukee drill with broken slider switch

Christopherneedshelp

Aug 24, 2017
I have a milwaukee impact drill, its awesome except I broke the slider switch and need to replace it. the switch itself only has two identifying letters on it (KD), i looked it up and found nothing not even schematics for the electronics in the drill. Can anyone help me out? This is what i know, its a 3 way Slider switch On/On/On, with 4 pins or connectors. The drill it self is 18 volts DC. What I need to know is, how can i figure out what amps, watts, or other determining factor i would need to pick out the specific switch, like if i were to look it up on mouser or some other electronic parts website, what would I put into the filters to find what Im looking for?

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Start by a Google search for the model number followed by the word switch.
Milwaukee makes many models with different switches.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The switch is only going to be available from Milwaukee and/or one of their suppliers/distributors as such manufacturers rarely use 'off the shelf' items in their designs.

As 'you know' says, Google should turn up a supplier when the right search words are put in...

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Really. Check the phone book in your area for a power tool parts supplier and find somebody who stocks parts for the Milwaukee brand. If you're near a big city, you should be able to easily get an exact replacement switch.

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
I fixed a Milwaukee drill switch one time by taking it apart and bending the tabs that grip the wire so it was more springy thus making better contact.

I don't know if this is an option for you.

My Milwaukee drill motor is still working 10 years after my cheapskate fix.

Christopherneedshelp

Aug 24, 2017
Really. Check the phone book in your area for a power tool parts supplier and find somebody who stocks parts for the Milwaukee brand. If you're near a big city, you should be able to easily get an exact replacement switch.

Yes really, Ive done the simple research already. Both online and in store retailers do not carry what Im looking for they carry this (http://www.ereplacementparts.com/electronics-assembly-p-1648667.html) which is 90% the price I paid for it and 99.9% things I don't need. I just need the switch I've done some more reading and have some photos and I think if someone can help me figure out what pole and throw this switch is Ill be able to find the rest on my own. Ive taken the switch apart to aid in its determination. Again, it's a 3 way, On/On/On, 4 terminal slider switch any help would be greatly appreciated!IMG_3145.JPG
heres the case and the broken sliderIMG_3149.JPG again, different viewIMG_3151.JPG what i would guess to be the "throws"
IMG_3152.JPG what i would guess to be the pole because its the moving piece IMG_3153.JPGpos one IMG_3154.JPG pos 2IMG_3155.JPG pos 3. Would I be correct to say that its a SP3T?

Last edited: