Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Minipro Linux and Ben Eater's tutorials

LilyFathom

Jan 3, 2023
I kind of got stuck. Worst case scenerio I move my Windows machine to my lab. Right now I am trying to get it to work on Linux XFCE.

I am successful at video 3 of 6502 near end. The program looks the same in Vim in Bash. Compiling gives me the same results of Op-Codes and correct indian format.

The Problem
When using Minipro in bash it successfully writes the program to AT28C256. Yet, fails to verify.

Research
On redit and similar they mentioned switching to CAT28C16 chip and simply formatting it differently in the binaries and the wiring.

Question?
Has anyone here found a way to make it work with the AT28C256 chip on Linux with the Minipro software/programmer?

Keonte45

Aug 29, 2022
It's possible that the issue is with the Minipro software itself and its compatibility with the AT28C256 chip on Linux. It's worth checking the Minipro software's documentation and forums to see if any known issues or troubleshooting steps can be taken.

Another option is to try using a different software or programmer compatible with the AT28C256 chip on Linux. Some examples of this are avrdude, ponyprog, and stm32cubeprogrammer. It may also be helpful to check if there are any Linux-specific libraries or tools available for programming the AT28C256 chip.

Lastly, if you have tried all the above solutions, you may consider moving your windows machine to your lab and trying the same process again.

It's worth noting that this is a problem that is difficult to debug and troubleshoot, as various factors could cause it. Finding a solution that works for you may take some experimentation and trial and error.

LilyFathom

Jan 3, 2023
I ended up taking my windows machine to my lab. I need it for kicad as well. So, I just took a byte into the bullet at 8 bits per word. ;p

On a serious note. Sorry for taking a while to reply. Had some things in my life that needed to be taken care of. Now that I have... I can get on this project again.