Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Modified pocket calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Altieri

Sep 1, 2016
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I need a modified pocket calculator with a few extra functions.

Any idea how can I find someone who can build one for me?

Your help is appreciated.

Paul

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
to help us help you
you need to supply lots more info

eg ... what sort of function ??

Paul Altieri

Sep 1, 2016
Thanks for the reply!

It must be an ordinary looking - non programmable - pocket calculator , with the ability of an extended memory where:

- there are 10 memory registers I can recall separately
- each is capable to hold 100 digits (ie a number 100 character long)
- I'm able to scroll between the beginning and the end of the number recalled from memory on the display of the calculator
- it should keep the numbers saved in memory while power off

Obviously the description can be fine-tuned with the maker of the device later.

Thanks again

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You are not going to modify a calculator to do that. The calculators you find on the market have a single chip that does it all, and it is likely not re-programmable. And even if it were, it would not have that much extra storage.

What is it you really want (without telling us how you are going to do it?)

Bob

Paul Altieri

Sep 1, 2016
I'm taking an exam where I could greatly benefit from a

"scientific, non-programmable, non-alphanumeric calculator "

- as the only electronic aid I can carry- Which has the ability to save approx 1000 digits in memory.

I couldn't find one readily available on the market , so I'm just wondering if someone can build it.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Hmm. Sounds to me you seek to obtain an unfair advantage over others taking the same exam.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Have you actually thought about studying for the exam instead of loading a "calculator" with crib notes? There are some very nice high-tech solutions that can give you an advantage in taking exams, but the best of these require a confederate and surreptitious two-way communications, preferable with a video link so the confederate can see and respond to the exam questions for you. Just how far are you willing to go (money-wise) to pass this exam? Is it possible to bribe the proctors of the examination?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.