Maker Pro
Maker Pro

modified sinewave ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

malikshahid06

May 26, 2012
my final year project is modified sine wave ups by using high frequency transformer.........i m facing problems in its simulation.........plz help me if someone has done its simulation

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
welcome malik. what problems are you encountering?
what schematic are you using ?
we need details to provide better answers

malikshahid06

May 26, 2012
i m trying to make a ups.......it would take 12V dc and convert it into 24V ac rail to rail........this voltage woul be stepped up bu using ferrite core(high frequency,small area) transformer.......this stepped up high frequency voltage is converted into dc voltage again.....the high dc voltage is again converted into ac at 50hz and 220 to 230 volts output by using pwm controlled by microcontroller........i need the complete simulation diagram of it and the programming of microcontroller for pwm..........i am new in electronics and dont know much about electronic field.......plz help me

Rleo6965

Jan 22, 2012
Why so many conversions? Your avoiding to use low frequency 50 hz bulky transfomer for 230AC output.

In your design. You still need 50hz transformer to convert 230DC to 230AC.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
"I am new in electronics"
"I'm trying to make a modified sinewave inverter"
does not compute!
No one here is going to design and simulate a modified sinewave inverter for you.
I suggest you start with something simpler!

weird_dave

May 9, 2012
"my final year project"
"i am new in electronics"

Why is this your final year project if your new to it?

malikshahid06

May 26, 2012
please give me the solution how can i make my ups without 50hz bulky transformer by using only small high frequency transformer

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
please give me the solution how can i make my ups without 50hz bulky transformer by using only small high frequency transformer
I hope it's not just me who thinks this is an extremely rude and inappropriate thing to say.
You're asking someone here to "give you" the "solution" to your final year project.
You have not provided any evidence that you've made ANY effort or progress yourself. You haven't shown us the part(s) of the inverter that you have already designed, if there are any.
I simply cannot understand how you can make this request, apparently with a clear conscience and no comprehension of why it is outrageously demanding and inappropriate.
(In the event that you actually just need a suggestion for how this can be done, and intend to do the design work yourself, I would suggest you can convert a high-voltage DC supply into a 230VAC or 115VAC sine wave output using two Class D amplifiers in bridge configuration running from a DC supply equal to the peak output voltage required.)

Last edited:

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
This looks to be a complicated project.
Take 12V DC, convert to +/-330V DC with push-pull invertor.
Generate a sine wave at 50 Hz.
Use two buck convertors to reduce the 330V to match the sine wave, one for the positive part of the sine wave and one for the negative.

This can be done with ferrite cored inductors working at high frequency. You will need some rather special components.

Let us know how you get on.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Actually, OP said modified sine wave, which is just a square wave with the same P-P voltage as the AC and a duty cycle that gives it the same RMS voltage as well. This is the easy part of the circuit, just a bridge driven by a simple PWM signal. The hard part is the boost converter to get to 330V.

Bob

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Bob,
That simplifies things, it may be possible to use two push-pull inverters, one for the positive half of the waveform and one for the negative. A switch would be needed to change from one to the other.

Boost converters using one switching device are beyond my ability to design but push-pull inverters are easier and can be set up by experiment. It is only necessary to run at a sufficiently high frequency that the transformer core is not driven into saturation. I have used the core out of an old TV line output transformer to make an inverter.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Managemalikshahid06

this is a warning....
even with a severe lack of information from you about your project, people have still tried to help you.
Your rude responses instead of helpful information is not appreciated by anyone
I have already deleted one of your responses.

If you would like some serious help, supply us with some serious information

cheers
Dave

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
I hope it's not just me who thinks this is an extremely rude and inappropriate thing to say.
You're asking someone here to "give you" the "solution" to your final year project.
You have not provided any evidence that you've made ANY effort or progress yourself. You haven't shown us the part(s) of the inverter that you have already designed, if there are any.
I simply cannot understand how you can make this request, apparently with a clear conscience and no comprehension of why it is outrageously demanding and inappropriate.
(In the event that you actually just need a suggestion for how this can be done, and intend to do the design work yourself, I would suggest you can convert a high-voltage DC supply into a 230VAC or 115VAC sine wave output using two Class D amplifiers in bridge configuration running from a DC supply equal to the peak output voltage required.)
Outrageously demanding? Are there other types of design departments of which I have not heard.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
my final year project is modified sine wave ups by using high frequency transformer.........i m facing problems in its simulation.........plz help me if someone has done its simulation
I have to believe that a modified sinewave ups has to be worth its weight in dog pooh. Oops! Did it again.Replied to a decade old question. Scuezy.

Status
Not open for further replies.