Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Monitor BenQ Senseye G2222HDL does not work on startup

Parzival96

Apr 29, 2021
Hey there!
I'm using a BenQ Senseye 3 G2222HDL as my second monitor for my desktop PC. Whenever I boot my PC, the screen starts having an "illuminated" black screen and then turns back off. The green light that signals the monitor is on also turns off. After a second the screen will turn on again, being the aforementioned illuminated black aswell and will soonly turn off again. This repeats quite a few times before it stops and actually starts working the way it is intended to do so.
After those hiccups at the beginning there are no issues whatsoever during continued use, no flickering, no lost power, nothing. Still, this is a tad annoying to be honest. Also, while I haven't tested yet, it seems like the period of those hiccups is enlarging.

Do you know what might cause this and how this can be fixed? I certainly didn't find anything that seemed to be close to my issue.

For reference, the other monitor works fine without any issues.

Thanks in advance for every answer I'll get!

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Check the cable between monitor and PC. If the monitor detects no signal on the input it goes into sleep mode. Obviously after some time there is a signal, otherwise the monitor wouldn't finally turn on.
If the effect persists with another cable. try another input (HDMI vs. DP or vise versa). The issue could also be within the signal detection circuit of the monitor.