Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Monitor problem on/off switch

mrel

Jul 2, 2008
Hi
Got this Envision monitor when press on/off switch have to press the switch many time before monitor will turn off,also have same problem to turn on monitor have to press on/off switch many time before monitor will come on.
I notice this switch is push button switch that does not have on/off look , like momentarily type push botton switch .
Is there some kind relay in the circuit when press the switch it make contact to turn on/off?
Enclosed is picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20180622_115525.jpg
    IMG_20180622_115525.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 50

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It is likely that the switch has come to the end of its useful life. I would consider replacing it.

There is an electronic circuit that monitors this switch. When you press the button it toggles power. This is called a "soft power switch" and it means that power is always turned on when the unit is plugged it. The action of pressing the button just wakes up or puts back to sleep the majority of the circuit. This is done without actual switches (a relay is a type of switch)

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir mrel . . . . .
As blurred as it is . . .I can STILL make out tact (tactile) push button switches.
A positive test would be to pull one of the LEAST or NEVER used switches to the side and unsolder and swap with that POWER one that gets the constant use.
Then you can get a new one if that then confirms it to be the problem.
The tactile aspect of this illustration is being the spring metal dome, that always returns back after having made its momentary contact..
You have two of these in a mouse . . .right and left . . .and it probably has 100's of thousands of reliable clicks that have been made by you.

tactile.png

73's de Edd