Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Monitor screen keeps dimming and turning black

JJ839

Jun 28, 2022
The monitor is a Samsung S27D390H

When I turn it on it keeps dimming then the screen goes black, If I keep turning it on and off again rarely the monitor stays on and it can stay on for hours but also can randomly turn off at any point, it always dims slightly then goes black about a second afterwards, also the power light is very dim, the monitor is a Samsung

I took the back off and this is what it looks like when I turn it on, I also hear a faint click every time it flickers.

Anyone know if I can fix this? Thanks

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Backlight playing up, either needs replacement(most obvious) or repair (not normally done)

I mention the latter as it could be the cable on the tube end burning off if it is fluorescent type or bad connection if LED.

Shining a torch at an angle to the black screen will verify if the rest is working as you will see the picture.

JJ839

Jun 28, 2022
Backlight playing up, either needs replacement(most obvious) or repair (not normally done)

I mention the latter as it could be the cable on the tube end burning off if it is fluorescent type or bad connection if LED.

Shining a torch at an angle to the black screen will verify if the rest is working as you will see the picture.
I turned the brightness right down and now the monitor seems to stay on, could it be the power supply?