Maker Pro
Maker Pro

monostable timer circuit with ne555

enrijavier

Sep 6, 2013
hello my name is Javier, I am a new member of this wonderful electronics forum. I am from Venezuela. my english is not so good but I hope you understand.
My teacher asked us to build a simple monostable timer based on NE555 IC. the challenge is that the output pulse must have a duration of about three or more seconds logically depending on RX but specially on CX which must be rated at 100 picofarads. at once I told him it was impossible to accomplish this requeriment with one NE555 timer only and he said I was right but there might be some ways to do it. My classmates and I don´t know which circuit we should build to accomplish what our teacher wants.
I beg you to help me find a circuit to carry out this project that seems to be easy but it has become difficult for me. Beforehand thanks for your help and attention. I will wait for your response. God bless you.... :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
This is clearly homework, so I won't give you the answer.

But as a hint, look in the tutorial for long duration timers and also on the web for the same.

The big hint is "divide and conquer".

enrijavier

Sep 6, 2013
thank you stevens, it has been very hard to me to find an answer for this homerwork but I am gonna look in the tutorial for long duration timers to find this circuit that is driving me mad. thank you steve

enrijavier

Sep 6, 2013
other thing steve,I had not realized that you had made a tutorial dealing with the long duration timers... I am gonna read and analyze.. thank you

enrijavier

Sep 6, 2013
steve I write you again because I got what I wanted, your hint and tutorial about the long duration timers helped me a lot. thank you friend.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'm glad you worked out the answer yourself. :)