Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motion sensor alarm system schematic

cex

Aug 15, 2012
Hi,
I am new to this forum so I'm not sure if there is a better place to post this topic - please let me know.

I am designing an alarm system for my garage which includes 2 motion sensors.

I want to hardwire the system to be powered from my house. I am thinking that it would be best to have the motion sensors trigger a latch relay which would turn on power to a radio. That way when someone breaks in the radio will wake me up so that I can call the cops and detain the thief.

Any ideas on how to make this work? I'm looking for a place to buy them online too if you have any suggestions. Thanks!!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Cex
Welcome to the forums :)

well passive infra red motion sensors (PIR's) are available at any alarm supplier and probably a few electronics hobbiests shops as well
dunno where you are so cant suggest where to buy

Dave

wingnut

Aug 9, 2012
Hi,
I am new to this forum so I'm not sure if there is a better place to post this topic - please let me know.

I am designing an alarm system for my garage which includes 2 motion sensors.

I want to hardwire the system to be powered from my house. I am thinking that it would be best to have the motion sensors trigger a latch relay which would turn on power to a radio. That way when someone breaks in the radio will wake me up so that I can call the cops and detain the thief.

Any ideas on how to make this work? I'm looking for a place to buy them online too if you have any suggestions. Thanks!!

Hi
What I did in my house is similar to what you want to do. I bought one of those mains supply motion detectors for the outside garden area. This I installed at the top of my staircase landing.

I opened the thing and rewired the circuit to the lightbulb so that it switched on a string of fairy lights up my stairs. It has been working perfectly for years and is great because it switches on automatically anytime anyone is on the stairs.

In your case, wire it to a mains transistor radio that switches on, or to a tape recorder with a recording of a dog barking, which will wake you and scare away the burglar. It will switch off automatically after 30s or so.

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Personally, I'd rather have it trigger a web cam and the following recording ..
"Don't smile. This is your mug shot and you're now on the Internet".