Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motion sensor

Nukasaffy

Oct 18, 2014
hi I want to connect a motion sensor to a battery radio. When the sensor activates the radio I want the radio to remain on until I turn it off either manually or ideally by a smart phone. I am not great with electronics so a simple solution would be great. If anyone can build something for me that would be great too. Let me know the price. I could buy it off you through ebay.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hello there and welcome to Electronics Point.

Are you aware that spying and spy equipment is one of the subjects that is banned from discussion here?

If your project is not a spying device, please describe the whole project and put your location in your profile so we know what suppliers to recommend.

Nukasaffy

Oct 18, 2014
It is not for spying but to turn a radio on when I am out and my dog gets scared by fireworks and hides under the stairs.

Nukasaffy

Oct 18, 2014
A 1-5 hour timer would be useful and maybe a feed to two radios would help. The only place she is not petrified during fireworks is in a pub there the noise from multiple directions seems to diffuse the fireworks.

garublador

Oct 14, 2014
I'm not sure what your budget is, but Belkin makes these "WeMo" devices that sound like they might work.

http://www.belkin.com/uk/p/P-F5Z0340/

You won't be able to use it on a purely battery powered radio, though. Whatever you're turning on and off automatically will need to be able to be turned on manually and then turned on and off by applying and cutting power.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
What's the reason for the motion sensor? And if your dog is distracted by the radio, couldn't you just leave the radio ON while you're out? Or couldn't you take her to a friend's place or get a friend to baby-sit her? That would be a lot more effective wouldn't it?