Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motomaster Eliminator Powerbox - light issue

Linda T

May 21, 2018
I love this little unit for the compressor and the battery charger, however, today when I used the compressor, the work light came on and will not turn off. I did not turn it on. It's draining the battery, of course. What do you suggest. The light does not seem to screw out for removal. I'm about to unscrew the casing? Appreciate any suggestions

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Dodgy switch. You'll have to take the unit apart to fix the fault anyway. Please post some pictures of the insides when you can.

Linda T

May 21, 2018
Undoing all of the screws for the outside casing turned out to be a never ending circle. I opened up the back battery cover to reveal the posts and took the negative off. Of course the light is now out. I put it back on and then turned the compressor back on/off and then used the power switch for the light and it worked, on and off. I'm happy if the fix is to disconnect the power. Thanks for your prompt response.

Attachments

• IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 59

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
I'm glad that worked for you, but it'll probably happen again if under a heavy load.
If you want to take the case apart, remove the battery and look behind it for additional screws. Sometimes they're also hidden behind stickers or decals.