Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Motorcycle on sensor

1ronman

Jul 22, 2014
Hello I am trying to find a sensor that I can connect my heated hand warmers directly to my battery that when I turn the bike on and start riding they stay on without going through my ignition, I already tried a tilt sensor with a delay timer but it's not sensitive enough anyone able to help this would be appreciated thank you.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
A simple relay? ISTR that motor cyclists ride around with their headlights permanently on - connect your hand warmers to the headlight circuit.

1ronman

Jul 22, 2014
Ye I did think of that I just don't want to be voiding any warranty by tampering with any wires or circuits

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
No 'accessory' socket anywhere? If not then your only choice is to 'tamper with wiring' else there's no hope of connecting it any other way.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Depending on your bike, the fuse box should have 1 or 2 spare slots for ie - alarm or other third party accessories.
But I would steer clear of connecting anything direct to the battery via a sensor. Lorries, loud exhausts, pops, bangs and knocks would mean a dead battery!. Stick to a good old solid switch.
Or as suggested, use another source that’s already via the ignition. But again, that depends on your bike and how accessible the wiring is.
My Goldwing forget it. But my GSXR, everything is accessible through the main head lamp.

Martin

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
when I turn the bike on and start riding they stay on without going through my ignition
One aspect of this contradicts the other.
Ignition switch is normally the primary go, no go device.

So with that in mind, what was the intended isolation device?

Accessories are normally routed through the ignition to stop unwanted flat battery conditions.

bidrohini

Feb 1, 2023
Hello I am trying to find a sensor that I can connect my heated hand warmers directly to my battery that when I turn the bike on and start riding they stay on without going through my ignition, I already tried a tilt sensor with a delay timer but it's not sensitive enough anyone able to help this would be appreciated thank you.
You can use a relay connected directly to the battery to control your hand warmers.