Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Multiple led fading circuit with 555 timer

Tondy

Dec 27, 2014
Hello

I have been trying to get multiple leds fading in and out using a 555 timer at a slow rate. After doing some research I was able to create a circuit that could fade one led at an in correct rate. I have been able to mode the rate by changing the capacitor. Hope some one can help either by referencing a blog or a helpful circuit diagram. Also need a way to modify the rate on fadings.

Many thanks.

Cheers.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Welcome to electronicspoint.

To better undestand what you already have and what you want to achieve, please attach a circuit diagram.

Tondy

Dec 27, 2014
Here are two up/down fading LED circuits:
View attachment 17857
Hi Colin.

I am sorry that we didn't mention that we had already explored the concept of duplicating the circuit in relation to the amount of leds this circuit can handle.

it seems that we pushed one circuit to light 3 leds and the light was evenly spread but when pushing it to 6 the light emitting is not as spread. this lead us to think that duplicating circuits would be the way forward.

this is not a problem as the circuit blue print and cost is small enough but we were wondering if this is the best chip/method to approach this simple circuit.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

Tondy

Dec 27, 2014
Just parallel them up.
Hi Colin.

I am sorry that we didn't mention that we had already explored the concept of duplicating the circuit in relation to the amount of leds this circuit can handle.

it seems that we pushed one circuit to light 3 leds and the light was evenly spread but when pushing it to 6 the light emitting is not as spread. this lead us to think that duplicating circuits would be the way forward.

this is not a problem as the circuit blue print and cost is small enough but we were wondering if this is the best chip/method to approach this simple circuit.

Many thanks.