Maker Pro
Maker Pro

My first electronics project

dude

Apr 15, 2014
I think I'm pretty lucky to still have this, found it in a box collecting dust about a year ago and I sat there for quite a while totally amazed just looking at my work from so long ago. Some wires were loose so I re-soldered them, also added the battery holder and fixed up the threaded enclosure screws but I did not disturb it any more than that as to me its a bit of my history and valuable in that way. Look at all those vintage components, there's even a mustard cap in there, totally amazing...
http://www.retrovox.com.au/ea0867fuzz.pdf
Before constructing this my electronics experience was tinkering with transistor projects at school, turning light bulbs on and off or making them flash, things like that. We were using BC108's and BC109's, I remember that.
And I thought I'd add my latest project with music related stuff, a Marshall 1959HW 100 Watt head. It's a repro of a late sixties (I'd judge it a '69). That's waiting for a full mod, got most of the parts I need for it, just basically need the time to do it. Marshall makes them only to order only so spent quite a few months waiting for it to arrive. Sounds great as it is but needs more gain and I have to get rid of some additions that Marshall was forced to put in due to modern regulations.

Attachments

• EA_Fuzz.jpg
    EA_Fuzz.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 1959HW.jpg
    1959HW.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 140

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Aaaah, BC108's. I fondly remember their metal can goodness.