Maker Pro
Maker Pro

My son's toy car exhaust sound :)

tamer4100

Mar 4, 2023
hello everyone. My son has a toy car. pedal works with potentiometer. I want to make exhaust sound. The amp and speaker part is very simple, but I want to adjust the sound according to the pedal. Which microcontroller should I use and how should I go about it. thanks.

bidrohini

Feb 1, 2023
I was googling for a car exhaust sound IC. But could not find any. Another option is to use and arduino+an SD card with card reader+a speaker. But I think this solution is too expensive.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Easiest and possibly cheapest is, forget the throttle and use a simple $20 bluetooth speaker coupled to a phone or whatever.
Seen some rather small units used in model trains and output is surprisingly good for such a small device.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Change the amps volume pot and use a sliding pot. With a bit of engineering, you can get the slide pot to work in conjunction with the accelerator pedal.

Attachments

• 9E749955-9215-427B-9834-8F1E8F26FE64.jpeg
    9E749955-9215-427B-9834-8F1E8F26FE64.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 2

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The only way to get a realistic effect is to use a VCF (voltage controlled filter) to replicate the way an engine sounds under load/acceleration/coasting etc.

Digital reproduction of the actual engine noise is fairly easy but the realism takes time/trouble to achieve.

Fun fact - around 30 years ago I started developing just such a system. The idea at the time was to make a sound source that was linked to a cars accelerator and could be used to select any motorised sound you wanted (from a menu). Speakers under the car could make your car sound like a steam train pulling out of a station or rev like an F1 car whilst doing 20mph in a city centre.

I got the individual system modules working (digital reproduction) and VCF/amplifier but never managed to link all three processes together to work realistically. Work, time and money finished that project off. Might be time to revive it!

tamer4100

Mar 4, 2023
Gerçekçi bir etki elde etmenin tek yolu, bir motorun yük/hızlanma/boşta durma vb.

Gerçek motor gürültüsünün dijital olarak yeniden üretilmesi oldukça kolaydır, ancak gerçekçiliğe ulaşmak zaman/zorluk alır.

Eğlenceli gerçek - yaklaşık 30 yıl önce tam da böyle bir sistem geliştirmeye başladım. O zamanki fikir, bir araba hızlandırıcısına bağlı olan ve istediğiniz herhangi bir motorlu sesi (bir menüden) seçmek için kullanılabilecek bir ses kaynağı yapmaktı. Arabanın altındaki hoparlörler, arabanızın sesini istasyondan çıkan bir buharlı tren gibi çıkarabilir veya bir şehir merkezinde 20mph hızla giderken bir F1 arabası gibi devir yapabilir.

Bireysel sistem modüllerini (dijital reprodüksiyon) ve VCF/amplifikatörü çalıştırdım, ancak gerçekçi bir şekilde çalışmak için üç işlemi de birbirine bağlamayı asla başaramadım. İş, zaman ve para bu projeyi bitirdi. Onu canlandırmanın zamanı gelmiş olabilir!
Hello. I'm thinking of giving up the toy car and doing it in a real car. :) I will be grateful if you could help me. Which microcontroller would make sense to use.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The same as for a toy car. Why use another?