Maker Pro
Maker Pro

My sony handycam CCR-TR5 will playback video but wont record

chris beverly

May 16, 2018
how do i fix this i can play video thats already been recorded before but i cant record anything new
the screen stays gray and fuzzy like a tv does when u have no signal or have it on the wrong channel please help

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Too many things can go wrong if you try to repair this yourself.
I check Sony authorized repair places for all of my camera gear from them.
If the price is too high for repair, I get a new camera, .... they're starting to become throw-aways now anyway.
If you can't find a authorized repair shop in your area, Google for a Sony Repair Center, or somebody who still works on your model handycam. Many shops will tell you if they may still have parts for older units.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Why on earth would you want to use it if it did work? Close to 30 years old, it's ancient, uses TAPE to record in (analog?) SD, big, heavy, etc. I'm sure it was nice for its time but we have moved so much past that today.

A typical $50 point and shoot camera that fits in your pants pocket will do a better job at video. I wrote $50 but meant new, you might find one used for $15 at a pawn shop or on eBay, Craigslist, etc. Many phones will also do as well except for zoom quality.

Last edited: