Maker Pro
Maker Pro

My T-Board Keyboard, my first PCB, and my experience with OsmondPCB...

Explorer

Mar 28, 2014
I give up. I can’t figure out how to post a project here. The site doesn’t seem to work with either my iPad or my iMac. And I don’t know anything about licenses or platforms—necessities, apparently, for project posting.

If anyone wants to read about the unique Stylophone-type keyboard that I’ve designed and my experience with OsmondPCB, turning my prototype into a PCB, go to https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q4ave4tjk87ns/Bagpipe_Project and look for The T-board.pdf.

I’ve also made available the files that I sent to PCBWay, to have it turned into the slick PCB below, for any other newbies who might be struggling trying to figure out how to create their first PCB and get it fabricated. (I might also eventually “share” it on PCBWay.)

Also, if anyone downloaded any of my previous PDFs, I’ve revised 2 of them, pointing out, for instance the major mistake I made in the first project iteration, thinking I needed 2 separate power supplies to power the 2 circuits in that musical device. You might want to check the dates and download the revised PDFs, if my musical projects were of any interest at all.

386BE45D-81A5-402A-A00E-0E95C535BC99.jpeg

Explorer

Mar 28, 2014
I’ve shared the project on PCBWay.com.

Explorer

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks, Delta Prime, and I appreciate your last suggestion about my expression of frustration. But, I’m not going to go buy a new iPad or computer today, which is what I think I would need to do to post my project here.

It is odd however, that I have no problem in the forums. Although, I have to say—and you probably won’t like this either, but it is true—when I needed help with PCB fabrication issues, it was electronics stack exchange that came through for me.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I have to say—and you probably won’t like this either, but it is true
Well how dare you,you little kitten.:D
Whatever works brother, I use them all and it got kicked out of all of them this is my punishment maker pro. I call it misfit Island!
(Just kidding) I usually hang out at physicsforms.com but a lot of people take it very seriously (as they should) and I like to joke around. No misinformation mind you I just put a twist on it. Everything there goes beyond electronics theory. Hope to see you there one of these days.

Explorer

Mar 28, 2014
Delta Prime, FYI: I’m not your brother, but I could be your nearly elderly aunt (about to turn 66). And by the way, that kitten studied plumbing at about the age he was in that photo, and demonstrated that he knew how to use it. Scary smart! Smarter than a lot of people. And willful! Died in a horrible accident involving an automatic cat door that I quite proudly built. Although, I‘m pretty certain my other cat was involved. But, not before I saw him be utterly psychic, as well, and, traveling full circle, pee in porcelain one last time.

We’ve gone completely off-topic, so perhaps we’ll both be kicked out here, but I read an excellent piece this morning on the high prevalence of fraud in so-called peer-reviewed science:

Go here, if you want to read more of his great writing:

And this ought to rile the too-serious physics folks:

Kirsten Hacker is a former particle or accelerator physicist. Unfortunately, she has become obsessed with the idea that AI bots are rewriting the novels she has written since disillusionedly leaving physics—plagiarizing her, and stealing her plot lines. If you can search out all her writing on physics, however, it’s quite fun reading.

Explorer

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks, Bertus. Well, that worked a helluva lot better!

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I just found this older thread, started by @Explorer on May 16, 2023. Glad to see you were finally able to launch your project.

I am really sorry about the death of your cat, who was smart enough to use a toilet instead of a stinky litter box. We now have two cats living with us. The first one was a gift to me from my wife. His name is Grayson and he is a Maine Coon cat with soft gray fur. He often visits me while I am standing in front of the toilet doing my business, climbing up on the ceramic rim to get a closer look at the urine stream. I think I could train him to use the toilet if I could figure out a way to keep him from falling in. He likes to sneak into bed with me and my wife, sitting near my head or at my side. Wife gets upset if cat stands up, raises his long, furry, tail and blocks her view of the bedroom television. The other cat used to belong to my sister-in-law, but now lives with us. It's a calico spayed female with sharp claws and unknown pedigree, so she is not allowed in our bedroom and definitely is not allowed on our waterbed.

It looks like you are living in Vermont, in the boondocks with limited Internet service over a wireless 4G network. You really should consider obtaining an inexpensive personal computer (not a Mac) instead of trying to use your ancient iPad. This forum has a built-in text editor, but you can compose your message "offline" on the iPad or a personal computer, copy it (CTRL+C on an "IBM compatible" PC), and then paste it (CTRL+V on a PC) into a reply here. I do this quite often when the Internet is not available, because I usually use this Dell laptop when I am connected to the Internet, and the laptop (as well as a desktop PC in my office), has a subscription to a professional version of Microsoft Office. Windows 11 also has an extensive list of special symbols that come in handy when writing about technical stuff... µ± for example. Microsoft calls this a "character map" and all the fonts available to Microsoft Office apps are present. This website seems to like 12-point Times New Roman.

We’ve gone completely off-topic
That's quite normal here. If it gets too far off-track a moderator will either move it to a more appropriate forum or close the thread. You apparently have to be a real troublemaker to get banned here. It happens, but fortunately not often. The moderators and the owners of this website know what they are doing.