Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need a little help guys..

Len_everiday

May 3, 2017
Hi I have a Panasonic 5cd changer stereo system which powers on but doesnt perform any function after that... like playing cd or switching to turner or anything... whatever button is pressed on the front panel (except the power button) ... nothing happens. .. would be grateful for any tips or suggestions. . thanks

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
What model are we working with? I would definitely start by checking the connections between the front panel and the power supply. Just a visual inspection of the wires, boards and capacitors may give us a clue as to why it's not working.

Len_everiday

May 3, 2017
Hi kilgorecemetery.. thank you for the reply. The model that iam working with is SA-VK92D .. I opened the system and checked all the connections and boards for any faulty components. I checked the cd tray system and found that a plastic gear connector was out of place...
After I assembled everything back, and tested with power.. the relay would make a click... with f61 error on the display.. then the system would switch off again... this loop would continue as long as the powerpoint was switched on.

KilgoreCemetery

Apr 12, 2017
According to techwalla.com:https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-fix-a-f61-error-on-a-panasonic-home-theater-system

"An F61 error occurs on a Panasonic home theater system when the speaker cable wire connections are wrong. This situation is likely to happen if you just purchased your unit or moved the system and try to reconnect the speakers again. Polarity is key in a successful setup."

It may not fix everything wrong with the unit, but either the wires are connected wrong, or the unit thinks they are.

I don't think that will fix everything, but it's probably best to try to get our ducks in a row.