Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Help - 3 second delay circuit

MisterMsk

May 2, 2011
Hi All,

I am working on a project that when it is powered. The circuit starts closed for three seconds and then opens. I assume some type of relay for this. I have 5 Volts DC to work with and it is for small electronics. One plus would be if it could more then one open at the same time. Looking to disable a few legs of an EPROM after the 3 seconds, that is all.

This is for a Commodore 64 cartridge project I am working on.

Last edited:

MisterMsk

May 2, 2011
So I found a 5VDC/1A SPDT Micro Relay at Radio Shack.

If I power the one side, the other side opens up. I got that working. I found this about a 6 second delay relay Here.

downloadimg.php

However, I am wondering if it will work at 5VDC. I assume change the capacitor to a lesser value will speed it up. I attempt a 75uF to see the speed I'll get. I assume it will work but would like advice on it.

Attachments

• 5vrelay.jpg
    5vrelay.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 470

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I don't see how you'll trip a 12V relay at 5v.
There are a lot of 5v relays available for computer applications.
I'd find one of those.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
So I found a 5VDC/1A SPDT Micro Relay at Radio Shack.

If I power the one side, the other side opens up. I got that working. I found this about a 6 second delay relay
However, I am wondering if it will work at 5VDC. I assume change the capacitor to a lesser value will speed it up. I attempt a 75uF to see the speed I'll get. I assume it will work but would like advice on it.

I used that cct in a post in another thread a couple of days ago, If you read the information on the site you linked to or to my thread post here you will see that it delays the turning on of the relay, not delaying its turning off as you originally requested

Dave

Last edited:

MisterMsk

May 2, 2011
I used that cct in a post in another thread a couple of days ago, If you read the information on the site you linked to or to my thread post here you will see that it delays the turning on of the relay, not delaying its turning off as you originally requested

Dave
I want to supply the +5VDC to the relay in about 3 seconds. I was figuring, I would connect to the EPROM Passthru to the NC part so when it powers up, it will switch. If I need to reverse it to NO, I will. But now I just need a circuit to to delay the +5VDC power, which I believe I can do with what I posted. But, I just wanted to get your views if this is a good idea or something else should be done. Thanks for the link. I'll take a look.

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
This will give you ~3 seconds of +5V ON time at power-up.

Ken

Attachments

• Monostable-Relay BS108G.gif
    Monostable-Relay BS108G.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 9,491