Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help connecting an ETI Snow Owl (Snow Sensor CIT-2) to a Smartenit EZIO2x4 Controller

satwar

Sep 18, 2020
The snow sensor is on the left side of the drawing. It is programed to detect the presence of snow in the logic processor which sends a control signal to the EZIO2x4 which in turn operates the ice heaters in the roof gutters. The sensor runs on 24 VDC and has 3 wires (2 for power and 1 for signal output). The problem appears to be what to do with the white control wire.

The EZIO2x4 controller has a wiring panel for configuration. I have been able to successfully configure the controller connections to trigger an alarm. The EZIO2x4 has an internal 5 VDC supply which is tied to optical isolation I1+ and I1- then connected to an alarm dry contact and finally tied to GND. I know the circuit works because the Insteon network picks up and displays the alarm.

I haven't had any success yet with the snow sensor. For one thing it operates on 24 VDC. I dropped in some optical isolation (I2+ to I2-) before returning to 24 VDC ground, but I'm not sure of any repercussions

Any help would be appreciated. As you tell by my use of terminology I am a novice..

Attachments

• electroncsforum.pdf
    205.4 KB · Views: 1