Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help finding a potentiometer

Chupacabra

Apr 3, 2013
Hi. Im new here. I have a small potentiometer that i need to replace but i'm having a difficult time figuring out what the numbers on it mean. I'm hoping someone can help me identify it. I've included some pictures. Thanks for your help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Electrobrains

Jan 2, 2012
503 stands for 50k Ohm (50*10^3)
"C" I think points to that it's a logarithmic potentiometer (?)

EDIT: The best is to measure it. With a Digital Multimeter you measure the outer two pins (should be approx. 50k Ohm).
Put the potentiometer in the middle position and measure the middle pin towards the two outer pins. If the resistance is approx. 25kOhm, the potentiometer is linear. If there is a big difference, the potentiometer is logarithmic.

Last edited:

Chupacabra

Apr 3, 2013
503 stands for 50k Ohm (50*10^3)
"C" I think points to that it's a logarithmic potentiometer (?)

EDIT: The best is to measure it. With a Digital Multimeter you measure the outer two pins (should be approx. 50k Ohm).
Put the potentiometer in the middle position and measure the middle pin towards the two outer pins. If the resistance is approx. 25kOhm, the potentiometer is linear. If there is a big difference, the potentiometer is logarithmic.

Thanks for your help. Any idea what the upside down numbers are? There are number on one of the other sides too, 3360. Any idea what that means? Thanks for your help!