Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help finding a USB hub schematic

KeithM

Nov 3, 2015
I'm still pretty new to electronics, and this is my first post on here, so please bear with me and any mis-use of proper terminology I might use ;)

I'm working on designing my first PCB in Eagle, a board for the Intel Edison which breaks out 3 USB A female connectors, and a couple audio jacks that are ran off a USB soundcard also on the PCB.

I was able to find all the information I need for how to connect usb to the Edison, and the schematics I needed for the audio card.

Now I'm looking for a schematic of a powered usb hub with with 4 ports.

I need a USB hub schematic so I can learn what chip(s) and circuits to use to connect the 4 USB jacks to the pins for one usb jack, that are available on the Edison.

I've been searching around for the last hour trying to find a schematic, I though there would be a lot, but surprisingly I wasn't able to find any.

Does anyone know of some USB hub schematics that they could share with me? I would really appreciate the help ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

KeithM

Nov 3, 2015
I've found what I needed, I ripped apart a USB hub I had, and found it used a "FE1.1s" chip for each set of 4 ports. Then I was able to search for the chip and find some schematics