Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help identifying a burned component

Enemy_Fork

Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if anybody could help me out.

So basically I have a Sony SRS-XB40, and it has a unique charger adapter that needs to be properly plugged in and regrettably I didn't realize that it was reversed when I plugged it in, and as soon as I did, it stopped working. I dissembled it and found this burned component.

Unfortunately the component is so burned I can barely identify it, there is no visible reference and I can't seem to find this board schematic. So after some “internet digging” I found this Sony SRS-XB41 (Sony SRS-XB40 newer version) disassembly video in which it identifies this component that although it may not be the exact same, the layout of the component and it's surrounding are so similar that I'm almost convinced it's the same component. The reference from the video for this component is ASV7YB, and I believe it's a step closer to know what was the exact component burned.

Side note: It may be a Battery-Charge Controller/Battery Controller?? (have no idea though)

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
I'm new here also but I have been a lot luckier than you. A safety capacitor on a Singer sewing machine about 45 years old burned out and with the assistance of google and ebay found a better modern equivalent.
PME271M622KR30 I couldn't believe my luck.
I have googled your part ASV7YB and there is no mention or link to it at all which I find very surprising.
Hopefully someone with a greater knowledge will come along and help.
I had a look on Aliexpress and no luck on there either, generally find lots of unusual things on there that google does not pick up.
I presume that this Sony SRS-XB40 is a wireless rechargeable speaker.
Wishing you luck with this.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It appears to be some sort of switching regulator of some sort. It may also incorporate the features you list as well.

The image you have found appears to be a very similar device. Unfortunately I can't find any source for an ASV7YB.

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
I have searched Yahoo, Bing, Duck Duck Go Farnell, PC hub, AliExpress and Google to no avail like Steve.
This is the strangest situation that there is no evidence of its existence anywhere.
So all I can say is best of luck with this and I can see why you would like to repair it seeing the price of new ones.
So the ASV7YB is a mystery chip.
Perhaps try Sony support, that seems to be the only option.

Enemy_Fork

Apr 5, 2020
I have searched Yahoo, Bing, Duck Duck Go Farnell, PC hub, AliExpress and Google to no avail like Steve.
This is the strangest situation that there is no evidence of its existence anywhere.
So all I can say is best of luck with this and I can see why you would like to repair it seeing the price of new ones.
So the ASV7YB is a mystery chip.
Perhaps try Sony support, that seems to be the only option.

Yeah, I searched thoroughly could't find either, not even the type of package of the Integrated Circuits in question. Already talked to Sony support, but since I don't have the receipt didn't go anywhere.
Need to keep searching, but I found this, so it's something I guess.

Enemy_Fork

Apr 5, 2020
It appears to be some sort of switching regulator of some sort. It may also incorporate the features you list as well.

The image you have found appears to be a very similar device. Unfortunately I can't find any source for an ASV7YB.
Thank you either way, I'll keep searching see if I can find it, but I found this, so maybe getting closer...maybe.

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
A good find, you obviously need to match the positions of the connectors on the board to the connectors on the chip then you will be in with a chance.
Hopefully then with a little research on your actual board you should be able to check what each connection does.
Best of luck with it.
:)

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
What are the batteries in the speaker, voltage and chemistry, it might help in the search?
I have been browsing around but no luck so far.

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
Did you have any luck with this component?
It was a bit of a mystery item.
I couldn't find anything with the same connection layout and I searched all over the place.

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
I was wondering if you had any luck with this in the end or did you have to junk it?