Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help of my project

samwitch

Mar 22, 2021
I am really bothered by the team project recently. i´m new on arduino, I designed a project of DS1302 RTC with Arduino and LCD screen . Everything goes well but there is one problem that i set the time and date on the rtc with no problem, but in the second code i got this problem: " no matching function for call to 'LiquidCrystal_I2C::LiquidCrystal_I2C(int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int)' " . in the line after pin´s are defined it´s the same code from your page, can you help me out? I did a success on my previous project of DS1302 RTC Chip with Arduino. I have no idea about this issue.

[mod edit: removed commercial link]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
I'd guess that you are calling a function called LiquidCrystal_I2C with six intereger arguments and that there isn't one.
"There isn't one" could man that you have the arguments incorrect, in number, in size, or that library object "LiquidCrystal_I2C" isn't being seen for some reason, or it needs a specific version. .

There seem to be different versions of the LCD library, see this discussion.
When libraries get updated, they often change the parameters for sunctions, so an old call won't match a new library and vice versa.