Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help on digital speedometer fuel meter

Ralf Kalkuhl

Dec 13, 2016
The problem is that the meter always shows full even when empty i don't know which wire on the gauge is the fuel wire or if its integrated on any of the other wires, the float and sending unit is okay so i think it's either the gauge or the wiring, I converted it from analog to digital, the analog one had 3 wires which i think are 12v, ground and the sender wire from the float. I will include the manual from the digital gauge and the wiring on the bike harness
107j4op.png
154d260.jpg

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Ralf . . . . .

If your sender is being a variable resistant unit , it thereby seems like it is dependent upon the value of changing resistance being applied between the very two top pins of the connector which you have shown.
Try connecting a 100 ohm resistor between those two connections and see if the display then indicates a decrease in fuel level.
If so, then a 47 ohm resistor should show an even lower level of fuel on the display.
This confirmed testing would signify an open resistance loop between the sensor proper and those two connections .

73's de Edd

Last edited:

Ralf Kalkuhl

Dec 13, 2016
Sir Ralf . . . . .

If your sender is being a variable resistant unit , it thereby seems like it is dependent upon the value of changing resistance being applied between the very two top pins of the connector which you have shown.
Try connecting a 100 ohm resistor between those two connections and see if the display then indicates a decrease in fuel level.
If so, then a 47 ohm resistor should show an even lower level of fuel on the display.
This confirmed testing would signify an open resistance loop between the sensor proper and those two connections .

73's de Edd

Thanks! i'll give it a shot.