Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help opening Sony CFD-565

megabass

Nov 17, 2014
Need help opening Sony CFD-565 to change the cassette drive belts. Have all the screws removed, but cannot get case apart.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Not familiar with that model either, but davenn's probably right about missing a screw or more.
I've found some screws in other models under footpads on the bottom of the chassis, and in other 'hidden' places.
Good luck finding it easily.
I do remember seeing a couple of Sony chassis, where you unscrewed the cover, and then slid it back to
lift if off the chassis, but you should have the correct answer with davenn's manual to you.

Last edited:

megabass

Nov 17, 2014
Not familiar with that model either, but davenn's probably right about missing a screw or more.
I've found some screws in other models under footpads on the bottom of the chassis, and in other 'hidden' places.
Good luck finding it easily.
I do remember seeing a couple of Sony chassis, where you unscrewed the cover, and then slid it back to
lift if off the chassis, but you should have the correct answer with davenn's manual to you.
Thanks, will check again, manual site wanted to install a new browser first, may have to buy the manual on an auction site.