Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help/suggestions on homemade switch box for guitar rig

charchar

Oct 11, 2009
So here's the deal. For my guitar rig I have 2 heads and one 4x12 speaker cabinet. I want to build a switch box that will allow me to switch between mono 1/4" inputs and mono 1/4" speaker in/outs.

The box will have a total of nine quarter inch mono jacks. A mono in from the guitar (1). A guitar line out and dual speaker inputs (Left and right; mono) for each head (3 per head; total of 6). And left and right speaker outputs to the speaker cabinet (2).

I have found a triple pole double throw switch (TPDT) that I will use to simultaneously change between my guitar outs and my speaker ins.

Here's where I need help:
I want to also have 2 LED's on either side of the switch that will be used to indicate which head is currently being used. I know I could easily do this if I had a quad pole double throw switch and an external DC source but I haven't been able to find a switch like that. Also, I could use my TPDT and a SPDT but that would make switching extremely cumbersome since I'd have to hit both the switches at the same time to keep them synchronized.

What do you guys suggest?
Thanks in advance.