Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help to getting started

LASH

Mar 16, 2016
I want to design electronic circuits by myself but don't know how to do that. You can consider me as a new person for electronic world. Can anyone tell me how should i start. And how to get the correct components for our projects, as an example if i want create a motor controller with arduino i will use a transistor.and i will get C828 for that.coz It's the only transistor number in my head. How do people know the number of IC and other components. How people design things. I know this is a very childish question but i really appreciate some help.:(

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
Baby steps learning all the basics, once you have that you look for IC's to do a specific job, counting for example, so you first need to have an area you're interested in...

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
When you decide what specifically you're interested in doing as cjdelphi suggests, you start looking for literature (Google) information on that subject.
People here can give you tips on how to find parts and build what you want, but you need to know as specifically as possible what type of circuit you
need for what you want to do.
Finding information on the many circuits available, will help specify which part numbers you need to do the job.
READ what's available on-line, and ask for clarification of what you read here, and someone can help you.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You do not start from no knowledge and start designing circuit.

You start with well-known designs. You build them, you study them, you understand what each component is doing.

Eventually you start making small modifications to your basic circuits, adapting them for slightly different behavior or parameters.

Then you start combining circuits and making modifications. This is about as far as most of us ever get. Designing a new basic circuit is very rare, pretty much everything is built on what others have done and you have studied.

Bob

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Do you have a good grounding in Ohm's Law and Kirchoff's Laws?
When it comes to choosing components, download their datasheets and study those. They will tell you such things as the maximum current or voltage that a component can withstand.

LASH

Mar 16, 2016
Thank you all...I want to make a simple remote control circuit that can run a motor, as a start...I googled it and i saw there hundreds of circuits..I can make one by just watching one of them..but i like to understand what i am doing...can anyone give me something to start with?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'd start by checking those Google hits.
When you see one or two you really like, THEN ask what we can add to help you with this.