Maker Pro
Maker Pro

need help to reduce the power loss in circuit.

neebel

Nov 23, 2010
Hi Everyone i am new in this forum and heard about the best support compare to others and i am here to get the solution for my project which is based on solar and the basic requirement of my design is the lowest possible current on battery low condition.
the components available to build my project is LM324 zener diode resistors and PNP and NPN transistors.
the requirement of project to sense battery voltage in low and high side to add UVLO and OVLO protections in circuits which can make SHDN pin low in both the conditions at a predefined level with some hysterisis and the current in both conditions from the source should not go beyond 5 miliamps.

Here if anybody can help me out to get a circuit which can give me the desired results than i will be thnkful to him.

Plssss plssss help me out to get the solution.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Firstly, don't post your question more than once or you will incur the wrath of the moderators.

Secondly, this sounds a bit like a school project. Is it?

Thirdly, those limitations sound quite arbitrary. No values for the zener diodes, no type for the transistors, etc.

neebel

Nov 23, 2010
Firstly, don't post your question more than once or you will incur the wrath of the moderators.

Secondly, this sounds a bit like a school project. Is it?

Thirdly, those limitations sound quite arbitrary. No values for the zener diodes, no type for the transistors, etc.

sorry for the different postings as that was because of my net connection and the value for zener is 4.7 or 5.1 v and transistors are simple BC547 and BC 557 and yes this is my school project which i need to submit by this month end with a minimal current drawn by the circuit.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
sorry for the different postings as that was because of my net connection

<cough>Bullshit</cough>

Your net connection won't post the same post in three different areas.

yes this is my school project which i need to submit by this month end with a minimal current drawn by the circuit.

In which case we're going to have to move this to the homework help section.

So, what have you figured out about the requirements of this circuit already?

neebel

Nov 23, 2010
<cough>Bullshit</cough>

Your net connection won't post the same post in three different areas.

In which case we're going to have to move this to the homework help section.

So, what have you figured out about the requirements of this circuit already?

i have made a simple circuit where i am driving a NPN tarnsistor by comparing the bat voltage with 4.7 v zener but not able to reduce down the current drawn from the circuit below 11 miliamps at 11.0 V.
If i can get any help for this than pls. help me out.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, firstly, why not start by drawing the circuit you have already so we can see it.

Also get the datasheet for the LM324 and find out what the quiescent current for it is.

edit: oh, perhaps you should tell us what the class is so we can work toward an appropriate answer.

neebel

Nov 23, 2010
OK, firstly, why not start by drawing the circuit you have already so we can see it.

Also get the datasheet for the LM324 and find out what the quiescent current for it is.

edit: oh, perhaps you should tell us what the class is so we can work toward an appropriate answer.

i will upload the circuit tomorrow and this is the mid term project of my B.E. which we need to submit.