Maker Pro
Maker Pro

need help with 3.5mm audio wiring from bluetooth adapter

DanDaMan

Mar 30, 2018
I bought a bluetooth adapter which I was planning to hardwire into my car and into my stock stereo by feeding the audio into my XM reciever, being I don't subscribe or use XM. Being I wanted it hardwired, I cut the wire just before the plug expected to see 3 normal wires - one being ground, one being left + and one being right +. By normal, I mean a wire with insulation which when stripped would either be braided or non-braided wire inside the insulation.

On this particular wire though, it is very odd. It was very thin, and when I stripped the main/black insulation there were 3 colored wired, but not the usual rubber insulation with a wire inside. Instead the outer color is strained wires and if you unwind it, inside is just a nylon string which I believe gives the wire its pull strengh. Thus it is almost like the outer strands are the wire, but that woudn't make sense since all 3 would touch each other. Further I got out my multimeter and I have no continuity between either the outer strand or inner nylon when touching the plug ports. Not sure if I described it well, but hopefully someone may know what type of wire I have and how to properly wire this.

Thanks