Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with amplifier for speaker from PIC plz

abkrenoo14

Sep 16, 2011
Hello​
If I may, I need a circuit to amplify the sound of my speaker (that is 4oms & 4.5W).
Meaning, my speaker sound is low because I take the signal from PIC direct.
So, I need a circuit to make the signal from PIC adapt better with my speaker.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
That may draw as much as 1A from a 5V supply and will be very loud. Are you making a siren?
If not, and you only want a beep, you might want to use a piezo disc instead of a big dynamic speaker.

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Ok, that is a rar file and I don't want to take the time unRARing it right now.
Let me just ask you what power supplies are available in your circuit, and do you want to keep it very simple & cheap or could you want to use an integrated amplifier?

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
Simple & cheap means you'll use a capacitor, a resistor, & a MOSFET. The USB power from a PC is usually limited to a tenth of what you'd want though.
I can not allow myself the time to chat individually, but there may be others here that will do it. The main purpose of this board is to keep it in the open though.

Attachments

• SpkrDrvr.GIF
    SpkrDrvr.GIF
    2.9 KB · Views: 114

abkrenoo14

Sep 16, 2011
Thank you but I need an engineer because i learn myself, and there are things that stop me and I need to help others.
And what about integrated amplifier

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Screw the simulation software, ask the people who make proteus. That circuit by resqueline will work. It is so simple you don't need simulation software to see how it works.

The pic either turns the mosfet on or off which allows current to flow across the speaker. Think light switch.