Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with arduino and L293D chip

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Xeuscryste, what was the problem, just a dead battery?

And, I will be BLUNT with this, based on the way you have carried yourself on this simple circuit, and what appears to be your total lack of understanding of electronics as well as coding... My advise is to learn to crawl before you learn to run...

Unless you are following specific plans that have it all laid out for you and have the code already done, what you want to do is quite a challenge, and well beyond what a 'newbie' should be tackling until they get a better understanding of everything involved...

Take baby steps first, learn each step of the way, get a 100% grasp of what is happening at each step and then go for the final project...

Xeuscryste

Jun 20, 2012
Xeuscryste, what was the problem, just a dead battery?

And, I will be BLUNT with this, based on the way you have carried yourself on this simple circuit, and what appears to be your total lack of understanding of electronics as well as coding... My advise is to learn to crawl before you learn to run...

Unless you are following specific plans that have it all laid out for you and have the code already done, what you want to do is quite a challenge, and well beyond what a 'newbie' should be tackling until they get a better understanding of everything involved...

Take baby steps first, learn each step of the way, get a 100% grasp of what is happening at each step and then go for the final project...

But I DO have the code all sorted.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
But I DO have the code all sorted.

Earlier today you posted this...

nEW RESULTS: the code WORKS, turns it left and right, BUT, the motor is constantly running, how do i get it to run ONLY when i send the command?
How can I change it to give an "off" command?
I'm trying to make an application in visual studio, so I can use left right up down keyboard keys to control motor direction. I need the motor to turn left when I hold the left arrow and then when I release it, it goes back to neutral etc
So in visual studio is it an option to assign that low low command to when you take your finger off the left or right key?
Are you stating that in the last 14 hours or so you have went from basically not having a clue how to do the very basics to having it all this sorted out, and your coding is now complete?

Last edited:

Xeuscryste

Jun 20, 2012
Earlier today you posted this...

Are you stating that in the last 14 hours or so you have went from basically not having a clue how to do the very basics to having it all this sorted out, and your coding is now complete?

YES! :)

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
another thing that hasn't been answered... was it the battery?

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
ok then, that is a big mistake, ALWAYS CHECK CONNECTIONS rule number 1. check to see they are both good connections AND they are not shorting

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
No, the driver chip wasn't pushed in properly into the board.

:rolleyes: I asked repeatably if you had done the things I suggested in post #11, and it was met with silence multiple times... One of those things was to wiggle the chip to confirm it was set...

Xeuscryste

Jun 20, 2012
:rolleyes: I asked repeatably if you had done the things I suggested in post #11, and it was met with silence multiple times... One of those things was to wiggle the chip to confirm it was set...

Yes, and wiggle the chip I did, didn't I?