Maker Pro

need help with choosing the right encoder/decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinchan6

Aug 27, 2013
what i am trying to get:

1.) an encoder/decoder that has at least 4 input/output
2.) and output that is always active when input is still active ( what i mean is out will stay on if input is still on)
3.) availability
4.) the cheaper the better

im making a spy toy car and this is the beginning of it thanks :D

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I have no idea...

What do you want to encode and decode?
What is your input?
What does your output has to look like (voltage, current)

what i mean is out will stay on if input is still on
-> a simple wire will do this.

You need to be more specific and supply more information to get help from anybody here.

rinchan6

Aug 27, 2013
i have said that i will make a spy toy car, this decoder will drive a servo to make it run, so this would include wireless modules and ICs like HTE/HTD... this is all info i can give for i have no more informations left :(

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Please forgive me. I'm in an ornery mood. What the hell is a HTE/HTC IC? I Googled it until my blood pressure started to rise. Is that Hyper Text Emulator/Hyper Text Control, what? I have no idea! I'm not even sure I know what a spy toy is. Anything that invades others privacy is not a toy.

Chris

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I'm still at a loss. A decoder needs something to decode. What is this? The position of the car? A signal from a transmitter? A barcode?

A servo is not suited to drive a car. A servo is used to position an actuator. For movin a car you will need a motor and a gear box.

Go to a hobbyist or toy shop and look for a kit to asssemble. The kit will contain the parts required and an instruction.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Please forgive me. I'm in an ornery mood. What the hell is a HTE/HTC IC? I Googled it until my blood pressure started to rise. Is that Hyper Text Emulator/Hyper Text Control, what? I have no idea! I'm not even sure I know what a spy toy is. Anything that invades others privacy is not a toy.

Chris

hey Chris

the OP typo'ed in his module description

have a read here for HT12E and HT12D modules

they are a very common method for encoding and decoding data to be sent by 315/433 MHz RF module links

cheers
Dave

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Thanks Dave. Either I'm going blind or he posted that in another thread. I don't see it here.

BTW, I damn near had a coronary reading the prices until I discovered I was reading Indian Rupees! :D

Chris

rinchan6

Aug 27, 2013
hey Chris

the OP typo'ed in his module description

have a read here for HT12E and HT12D modules

they are a very common method for encoding and decoding data to be sent by 315/433 MHz RF module links

cheers
Dave

i am worried that the output (lets say the decoder's output has led on it) will blink only once (for like less than a second or whatever) even though i am still pressing the encoder's input (lets say a push button). I dont know what it is called but i am trying to drive a servo to make a toy car run with a wireless controller with an encoder in it. Tell me if i'm wrong.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
It's not a Servo. Does this toy car currently have a receiver/controller installed?

When you press a button, move a joystick, etc you're transmitting serial data to the receiver/decoder. So I'm clueless about your LED question.

Chris

rinchan6

Aug 27, 2013
are my questions too stupid or your brains are too advanced? i believed i ask a very simple question.

try to imagine a MOUSE BUTTON, if you PRESS it, does it execute many times? no. only once. and that is what im trying to ask if the encoder acts that way.

and to answer your first question, im asking what IC that will fit my conditions to make a reciever and transmitter.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
In other words, you are asking us to go read the datasheet for you.

Bob

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
are my questions too stupid or your brains are too advanced? i believed i ask a very simple question.

Oooo!... A bit testy are we? Good luck with your project.

Ciao!
Chris

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
learn some manners mate

people here are trying to help you

WE DONT GET PAID FOR IT!!!!

and we don't take kindly to being verbally abused

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.