Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with Clap Activated Switch Kit Please

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It looks like the relay is rated for 240V 10A (although that is just from looking at the image) so from that perspective the answer is probably yes.

However the circuit required external power, and you would have to build it inside an enclosure so you don't kill anyone.

If you're not familiar with mains wiring you should not attempt it.

geth3

Sep 9, 2010
However the circuit required external power, and you would have to build it inside an enclosure so you don't kill anyone.

Thank you for your reply.:)

What do you mean by this? Would it need a battery because I thought the electricity from the mains that was coming to the switch was enough to power the board until it hears the claps?:confused:

Here is a link to the instructions on how to wire it: http://www.quasarelectronics.com/pdf/relay_faq.pdf

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The relay is rated for 240V, but the relay just switches things on and off. The circuit itself must be powered. It is not powered from the mains.

If you look at the board, it as a socket for input power labelled 12V 150mA. So you'd need to provide that too. I would consider a plug-pack, but for testing purposes I guess batteries could be used.