Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Help With Microcode Instructions

danbro212

Apr 8, 2022
Given this it is so hard to understand please someone solve it for me so I can understand it better.
microoperations.png

pic1.png

pic2.png

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
That was a cool exercise. Many thanks.
Nice try though.
Give us an idea where you are stuck?
How about the first one. SP++. What does the question mean? How does it relate to the figures, first & second?

danbro212

Apr 8, 2022
I understand it partially, so for the first one i understand that the amux is 0 cond is 11 and alu is 00,00 for the shift, 00 for the mbr, mar is 1, read is 0 write is 0 , and enc is 1, i got 0010 for c , 0010 for b and 0011 for a, address is 00000000, that is all i understand I think im wrong in some parts of it.

danbro212

Apr 8, 2022
That was a cool exercise. Many thanks.
Nice try though.
Give us an idea where you are stuck?
How about the first one. SP++. What does the question mean? How does it relate to the figures, first & second?
If u know answer why u don't post it then u don't know it, I already tried chegg no tutor knows how to solve this

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
It appears to be just an exercise of going through each step, one by one and assigning the correct values to route the right registers to the ALU and back to the correct registers. Just as in any problem for setting digital muxes as in creating microcode to do operations.
Not trivialising your problem, just saying; follow the steps, it is likely to work and not take too long.
PC<<--- PC+1. I'd guess you set the mux values to route the PC to the ALU, to also route a "1" to the ALU and to route the result back to the PC.
If u know answer why u don't post it then u don't know it, I already tried chegg no tutor knows how to solve this

If any particular step is difficult to "solve", I missed it, sorry.
Point out the difficult part to me and all.
So, if there's a terribly tricky step, requiring lateral thinking, show the work up to then and get the guys here to look at that tricky step.
If not, learn the stuff & do the homework. designing your own processors can be fun. You can make one to do anything you want. Whether it be bit-slice of FPGA.
Learn your stuff, ACE the course. Be good at what you do.

"chegg"?