Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with powering LCD screen

Jakehinds

Jan 27, 2013
Hey guys, I'm trying to make a viewing screen for my Gopro. I have a car movie/TV screen that goes around the headrest to use, but it only has the wall plug and I need it to run on batteries. This is what it says for the power plug hole "9-12v DC IN". So what I need to know is what do I need to purchase to make it run off of a battery. the plug should look like this: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10512

And I also need a RCA to av in adapter. So it goes " Gopro- av cord- RCA cables-RCA to av in cables- LCD screen. If anyone can help me out that'd be awesome. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 144

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
well the battery adapter from sparkfun that you have linked there would do the trick, though I have no idea how much current that will draw so you may need a bigger battery pack. All you need is a battery adapter that is center positive and most likely (cant promise anything) a 5.5X2.1mm adapter.
If you have a micrometer I would say measure the dimensions of the wallwort that you already have just to be sure.

your proposed connection setup would probably be the best you can come up with, though what are the connections of the AV output cord of the gopro?