Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with prototype.

CBurgess

Jul 12, 2013
I am looking for someone that can help me or point towards someone or some company that can help me with what I think is a pretty simple project for a product that I am trying to produce. Being that I am not an electronics major, I may be way off base in how simple I view this project to be. I am looking for a small scale white noise generator with some type of volume control. I would like the dimensions of the enclosure to be about the diameter of a half dollar with a depth of around a 1/2 inch or less. I am looking at having maybe 100 produced to start with and with a little success, am hoping to eventually find a company to produce them in bulk later on. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
All you need is cash.

And some specs.

Like what volume level, and for how long, powered by what.

CBurgess

Jul 12, 2013
I have the money. I just need someone to point me in the direction of where to have it made. I don't have specs because, again, I don't know what components are needed to produce the finished product. A simple mind like mine envisions a small device to produce the sound, wired to a small speaker and volume control. All powered by battery and encased in a half dollar sized plastic enclosure. Volume level doesn't need to be real high. Just a soothing level. How much should it cost to produce this?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
[wild guess mode]
To produces 100, maybe $100 each.
To produce 1,000,000, maybe $2 each.
[/wild guess mode]

Bob

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Volume level doesn't need to be real high. Just a soothing level

YOU need to do some research and figure out some numbers.

What sound pressure at 1m <-- that's what we need to know.

Soothing level? 20dBA, 23dBA, 32dBA (or range of them perhaps if you have a volume control)

And how long does it need to run on a single battery? 1 min, 10 mins, 1 hour, 10 hours, etc?

CBurgess

Jul 12, 2013
White Noise

Let me preface this by saying that I know very little about electronics so take it easy on me. I am looking to buy or find someone to produce a white noise generator in a compact plastic casing, preferably round and about the size of a half dollar and maybe a 1/2 inch thick, with some type of volume control. Again, I know very little about electronics so I don't know if I am looking for a white noise generator or maybe just something as simple as the white noise sound playing on a loop. I am planning to have these produced in bulk after I can produce a prototype. Any idea on where to have this constructed and maybe a guess at cost per unit? I would greatly appreciate any help provided on this.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
See post #2 in this thread.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
This is what I am looking for but in more of a raw state as I plan to cover it.

Is that an MP3 player?

Perhaps you could go to a Chinese web site and search for cheap MP3 players in the size you need.

Order 1 (or a small number at least) at first to see if they're OK, then order them in bulk.

Perhaps you could look at http://www.aliexpress.com <-- sort of like ebay for China.