Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need information about pulse shaping amplifier

Ejaz484

Mar 10, 2011
Hi 2 all...
I need to design a pulse shaping amplifier for my project...
Iam not getting how to select the R,C values for different input frequencies...
Can anyone explain me how we select different RC values for different input ramp signals frequencies
Thanks......

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
If you are talking about generating a ramp at a given frequency, then you will have a capacitor in the feedback loop of an op amp, forming an integrator. Capacitance is defined as the ratio of charge to voltage or the change in charge for a change in voltage. C=Q/V=dQ/dV=IdT/dV where I is related to R and the time differential is related to frequency. Just how these are related depends on your circuit.

If you are talking about filtering a ramp signal, or filtering a pulse train, then you will need to be more specific about what the filtering is intended to accomplish.

Ejaz484

Mar 10, 2011
Thanks for ur response sir,

sir actually i want to design the pulse shaping amplifier to which input is ramp signal...
The frequency of the ramp signal may be 1MHz or 5Mhz. So I have to design a pulse shaping amplifier...
Iam not getting how to consider the R, C values for different input frquency signals....

Thanks....

Ejaz484

Mar 10, 2011
Thanks for ur response sir,

sir actually i want to design the pulse shaping amplifier to which input is ramp signal...
The frequency of the ramp signal may be 1MHz or 5Mhz. So I have to design a pulse shaping amplifier...
Iam not getting how to consider the R, C values for different input frquency signals....

Thanks....