Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Replacement Drive Belt

Davy49

Jan 21, 2015
Hi,
I have an old Sears 'Proformance' Model # 562.93300350 Cassette Deck that I'm trying to get working again. There are two belt's inside the unit. One is what I call the main drive belt..it's approx.1/4" wide x 1/16" thick..but I haven't removed it yet,so I don't know the length, then there's another smaller belt that comes off a pulley that goes over and drives the tape counter. I've contacted sears parts direct..but to be honest, they don't seem to have a clue about what I'm needing. On their online diagram, it doesn't even show the 'main' drive belt. I wish someone could help me locate one so I could repair my deck and enjoy my tape's again. On the back of the unit, it states ' Made In Japan'..and as we all know, Sears doesn't make ANYTHING !
Thanks,
David

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hi,
I have an old Sears 'Proformance' Model # 562.93300350 Cassette Deck that I'm trying to get working again. There are two belt's inside the unit. One is what I call the main drive belt..it's approx.1/4" wide x 1/16" thick..but I haven't removed it yet,so I don't know the length, then there's another smaller belt that comes off a pulley that goes over and drives the tape counter. I've contacted sears parts direct..but to be honest, they don't seem to have a clue about what I'm needing. On their online diagram, it doesn't even show the 'main' drive belt. I wish someone could help me locate one so I could repair my deck and enjoy my tape's again. On the back of the unit, it states ' Made In Japan'..and as we all know, Sears doesn't make ANYTHING !
Thanks,
David
Do either belts have 'teeth' ? If so you may need someone to ID it properly for you . You will need the belt width, thickness, and length, as well as tooth details if they exist. Check the belt for any writing, perhaps you will get lucky.

Davy49

Jan 21, 2015
Hi Gryd3,
No, neither belt has any teeth that I can see..I have yet to take the 'capstan assembly' apart, but just looking at it it doesn't appear to have any type of 'teeth'.
Thanks,
David ;)

DIPswitch

Mar 12, 2015
If I'm looking at the right tape deck (Model # 56293300350 LXI Tape Deck), the official parts list only shows one belt (Stereo Main Belt). Is it possible that it's one belt, but looped behind things so that it appears as if there's a second belt?

The main belt looks like it's still available. Check out diagram part #121 from either of the the Sears links below. You should be able to order it online or via phone if you give them the actual part number.
Shows the main mechanism...
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/Lxi...-56293300350/3028/0311500/00029917/00003.html

Shows the tape counter with "main belt" part #121 controlling it...
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/Lxi...-56293300350/3028/0311500/00029917/00002.html
J

Davy49

Jan 21, 2015
Hi DIPswitch (clever user name)
I guess I better look a little closer at my deck, it might only have one belt..if that's the case, some apologizes will be in order.
David

DIPswitch

Mar 12, 2015
Hi DIPswitch (clever user name)
I guess I better look a little closer at my deck, it might only have one belt..if that's the case, some apologizes will be in order.
David
No worries. It makes sense to use one belt in order to synch the supply reel with the counter (probably for cost), but in order to do so, it could mean having to maneuver the belt using one or more wheels/pulleys.

I've had poor luck calling Sears directly unless you have an actual part number they can look up. Online, I believe their website can tell you if there's a local Sears parts center that might have the part in stock, otherwise just order it online and have it shipped.

J

Davy49

Jan 21, 2015
Hi All,
As I mentioned previously..thanks so much for trying to help me, I did in fact take my deck apart a few days ago. It did have two belt's inside, one as I thought was a flat capstan drive belt..and the other one was a much smaller..rounder type of belt that drove the tape counter. At that point in time, I decided do to the age of the unit..it wouldn't be worth going any further with it, so since it was trash pickup day anyway, I put it to the road..so now it's in a landfill somewhere.
David