Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need schematic for Realistic 31-2020A graphic equalizer

Quikfix

Feb 21, 2018
screen has all LEDs on all the time. An old post indicates they had an issue with a series transistor in the negative supply, but that doesn't really help much... :)

If anyone knows where I can find it or post the pdf that would be great.

Thanks!

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Quikfix . . . . .

If lightning actually has struck twice . . . . your same fix would be:
The marked in RED BOX . . . as being PNP pass transistor Q504.
BUT . . . an additionally blown R512 fusible resistor or shorted D503 Zener diode are equally being suspect.

RELEVANT SCHEMATIC SNIPPET . . . . .

upload_2018-2-21_3-7-32.png

73's de Edd

Quikfix

Feb 21, 2018

Thanks very much! That's very helpful... it's hard to find a good (reliable, without spybots) website... looks like HIFI is not a scam/virus infested site. I was able to create an account and download the manual/schematic. I had forgotten that Realistic used to include their schematics on a bunch of their user manuals. Wish others did the same...
Thanks again.
Quikfix

SciFi9000

Nov 19, 2022
Sir Quikfix . . . . .

If lightning actually has struck twice . . . . your same fix would be:
The marked in RED BOX . . . as being PNP pass transistor Q504.
BUT . . . an additionally blown R512 fusible resistor or shorted D503 Zener diode are equally being suspect.

RELEVANT SCHEMATIC SNIPPET . . . . .

View attachment 39624

73's de Edd
I realize that this is a 7-year-old post, but I picked up one of these today and all the display was lit up, then I saw this post so I had a look at the large transistors near the rectifier as shown in your image. When I jiggled on one of the transistors, it moved, so i flipped it over, retouched the solder, and presto... it works. Thank you for the post. Incidentally, I notice that the display is only effected by the right channel, is this normal? The left channel has absolutely no effect on the display. If I unplug the right channel (and keep the left connected), the display goes blank.

SciFi9000

Nov 19, 2022
screen has all LEDs on all the time. An old post indicates they had an issue with a series transistor in the negative supply, but that doesn't really help much... :)

If anyone knows where I can find it or post the pdf that would be great.

Thanks!
I just pick up one of these equalizers today with the exact same issue, it turned out to be one of the transistors with a dry solder joint as described by the old post you are referring to.