Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need some help building motion detector water spray

NastyRhythm

Dec 2, 2020
Hi there, hope someone can help.

Ok firstly i am trying to build a water spray system that uses a 12v Solenoid which will be controlled by a PIR module. Here are the parts i have so far;

12v Solenoid: DC 12V 1/2″ Magnetic Electric Solenoid Valve for Water Air Normally Closed | eBay
PIR Module: PIR IR Pyroelectric Infrared Module Adjust Relay Output Human Body Sensor 12V XD | eBay
Rectifier Diode: 4 off 6A6 Rectifier Diode 6A 6AMP 600V RoHS | eBay
+Various housing parts and connections for the hose pipe

It is to keep next door neighbours cat from cr@pping on the driveway. So when the module detects motion it will open the solenoid and water will shoot out.

I have basically been following a guide on YT, but on the video he is using a 12v power adapter plug, whereas I want to use rechargeable lithium batteries.

Any advice on the batteries? Which ones i should use, and also the wiring of the battery pack?

Many thanks

NastyRhythm

Dec 2, 2020

Thats the guide I've been following, but i need some help with regards to powering with battery pack.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
If using a battery, it should be large enough capacity to cover all the components combined AND for the time you expect it to run.
Don't know what the 6A rectifier diodes are for but best you show a setup circuit of what you have planned.