Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need some help finding a circuit board for little project with LEDs. Newbie

Arran C

May 11, 2017
Hi really new to Electronics

I was hoping if someone could tell me where to look for a circuit board which will allow a single power souce to switch power to the next wire. This is what i was hoping for, i want to attach 6 wires from a circuit board to an LED light. The circuit board will switch power to from wire 1 to wire 2 then to wire 3 and so on. But i want to be able to adjust the time to each wire. So it looks like it gets faster towards the end. Can anyone help me or where to look or buy such circuit board.

Thanks any help be great.

HarryA

Jan 22, 2017
Your best beat is (via amazon.com):
Elegoo UNO R3 Board ATmega328P ATMEGA16U2 with USB Cable Compatible With Arduino UNO R3 10.86$

J-Deal® 8-channel 5V Relay Module Shield with Optocoupler for Arduino UNO 2560 1280 DSP ARM PIC AVR STM32 Raspberry Pi 8.49$

On second thought are those two compatible?

Last edited:

Doug3004

Sep 5, 2014
It sounds like a regular Arduino can do that.
Really, a *lot* of different chips and boards can do that, but just to settle on something common and simple.

Do you want to switch a set of 6 LEDs on in a progressive order? What is this going to be used for? Does the times between each LED need to be easy to change? Do you want a button to reset the whole sequence?

Irv

Jun 7, 2017
First of all, you need to specify whether by LED light, you mean teensy little leds, or LED flashlights or floodlights.
IOW, very low power, or high power.
The little ones will only need resistors and something simple like an Arduino Nano. High power LEDs, such as outdoor flood lighting will need some relays as well. Fortunately these are now available at reasonable prices, and compatible with the Arduinos. I think I paid $9 for a board with 8 relays, each of which can handle 10 amps.
Of course, if you are using high powered LEDs, then a separate power supply at the proper voltage will also be needed.
Programming the Nano would be very simple, a little googling will probably find an already-written program to do what you want.