Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Some Help Finding the Right MOSFET

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
Not sure Dan to be honest.
Adam
That's Okay, I can just contact them. I think that it might because they don't have a warning on the ad like they did on the one that had no protection.

One last thing: If it does have protection, it's okay to put them in series right?
Dan

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Might be best to check with them first, the reviews down the bottom don't give them a good rating for discharge current. They do say you can connect them together to form a bigger pack. But my personal choice would be a qualified pack with leads and a connector.
Adam

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
Might be best to check with them first, the reviews down the bottom don't give them a good rating for discharge current. They do say you can connect them together to form a bigger pack. But my personal choice would be a qualified pack with leads and a connector.
Adam
Okay, Thanks a million Adam! :)
Dan

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
Well, I contacted Hobby King about the batteries today, and they said that none of their batteries have under voltage protection... Even the ones with two sets of wires. :eek:

So I guess I'm back to square one... What do you think would be the best thing to do next? Should I try and design my own, or...

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
Ebay has a lot of over/under voltage circuits on batteries including the protection circuit (ironically costing more than a battery with an ic protecting it lol)

Why we talking about protected batteries anyway? They annoy me lol...

Basically a zener diode in conjunction with the enable pin might simply be enough...

Say a 2v zener in reverse, up to 2v the diode will block but once we hit above 2v/ 3v ... the diode will conduct, i'd send this to the base of an npn to pull the enable high... but i have no idea about the ic you're using eg if it expects > 1v to enable then you're laughing otherwise extra circuitry (transistor) required

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
Basically a zener diode in conjunction with the enable pin might simply be enough...

Say a 2v zener in reverse, up to 2v the diode will block but once we hit above 2v/ 3v ... the diode will conduct, i'd send this to the base of an npn to pull the enable high... but i have no idea about the ic you're using eg if it expects > 1v to enable then you're laughing otherwise extra circuitry (transistor) required
Great idea cjdelphi! The voltage regulator I'm using is a LD39200 (it's datasheet is here). The enable pins high voltage level is 1.2V, but doesn't a zener allow almost all the voltage pass when it breaks down? And if the zener started conducting at, say, 3.3V then it should have plenty of voltage to set the enable pin high, right?
Thanks!! :)
Dan

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
A resistor in series with the diode? 1kish should do... But it will be tricky though because you wont get much headroom above a volt according to the simulator...

Last edited:

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
You mean like this: battery out ---/\/\/\/-----]<|------ Voltage Regulator enable pin.
..................................................................... R ........... Z
(R being the 10K resistor, and Z the zener)

I did play around with simulating it some, and I did notice that I couldn't get more than a volt of headroom when it was conducting. I thought that might just be me though.. Maybe the best way to go would be a Op-amp comparator circuit? It would add a little bit more complexity, but I would think it might be more reliable.
Dan