Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need to hire someone to make drawing or company to manufacture 200 small pcbs.

aluminumwelder

Jul 9, 2017
Here is the project circuit I need drawn.
https://www.instructables.com/id/LED-Strip-Control-With-Dimmer-and-Audio-Pulsing-Ci/
I need to hire someone to draw the printed circuit board for a short run of 200 pieces. I will probably use https://oshpark.com/ to make the printed circuit boards. or maybe I can just hire a company to manufacture them?
PURPOSE: I am working with an ipad app developer to make a photobooth app which plays a beep noise when the photo is taken. We will use a 3.5mm audio jack to connect the ipad to the circuit which will turn on a double wide 5m strip of 5050 leds which is 12v and about 5 amps.
BACKGROUND: I have very little experience with circuits. have never even breadboarded a project. My experience is limited to buying kits and soldering them together.
DESIGN MODIFICATIONS: Current circuit pulses to the music, I want the circuit to be binary. when it senses noise it will turn light on, When no sound, it will be off. I am not sure if I just need to play a very loud beep to accomplish this, of if the circuit needs to be altered.
Please private message me or email me [email protected] with cost to draw this circuit, paypal is probably best, but open to other payment methods. Also include price to modify the circuit if I discover it is not working.
Once I get the drawing I will order 3 PCB's, solder on components and test. If they work well then I will place order for 200.
This is my first post. I did search the forum about hiring people and didn't see any relavant threads.
I am aware there are RGB led strip sound controllers, but the aluminum one I tested flickered way too much. this is the one I tested
TronicsPros-Activated-Controller-controller-Changing
If there is a premade solution please let me know.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Sound operated (activated) switch. Known as 'clappers' in some places but very common in most parts of the world.

aluminumwelder

Jul 9, 2017
thanks for reply, but I can't seem to find a clapper that works with 12V 5amp power, can you recommend one?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You can get DIY kits of parts:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/mindsets-sound-activated-switch-solder-kit-n08jg

or ready-made kits:

https://www.quasarelectronics.co.uk/Item/3126-sound-activated-relay-switch

that have what are called 'no-volts' contacts on them. This is a simple set of contacts that you can wire in series with any external power supply and load - a 12V power pack and your LED strip for example.

Equally I don't doubt that there are mains powered versions as well however the 'quasar' kit is powered from 12V anyway so if you have a 12V 5A mains power pack you can power both the sound activated circuit AND the LEDs together.

these were just the first two items I found by Googling - invariably UK-biased given my location but similar items will be available across the USA.

aluminumwelder

Jul 9, 2017
thanks so much, I will look some more. Can I just remove the mic and replace it with a headphone jack? I need to have a headphone jack because a mic will be too unpredictable with ambient noise.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Yes you can but you may have to adjust the level to get the switching point you require. Whether this adjustment is built into the board or may have to be fitted externally depends on the board you purchase. Most WILL have such adjustment on them.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Probably - in picture three the little round black circle at the bottom edge of the board is a built-in microphone. This would have to be removed and your sound source attached in its place - potentially through a 'volume' control depending on the signal level your source outputs.

<edit> just noticed that the board also has a light sensitive switching capability too - that may have to be disabled.

Last edited:

aluminumwelder

Jul 9, 2017
Well the silly ad has photos of two different boards. So I ordered from a different company, will report back when I get them. thanks for your very generous help!