Mar 4, 2017
25MHz Dual-channel DDS Arbitrary Waveform Function Signal Generator Specs are:
Frequency Range Sine Wave
Normal Modes: 0.01Hz~25MHz

Square Wave 0.01Hz~6MHz
Triangle Wave 0.01Hz~6MHz
Sawtooth Wave 0.01Hz~6MHz
Arbitrary Waveform 0.01Hz~6MHz
TTL Digital Signal Wave 0.01Hz~6MHz I'm using it on a old tube type 300 watt single channel ham Linear Amp

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
nothing in what you have written says that it is modulated
is there more info available that states that you can modulate the sig gen with an audio signal ?

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
The way I am decifering your note...
You want to generate a 2100hz freq signal, with a 25mhz carrier wave?
It looks like your generator only generates 6mhz... you could build a doubler to get 12mhz then double that to 24 and then put a coil booster on it... but it could be dangerous.... AND you are about 2099.4 hz short of the full 2100hz wavelength....

Now just because the carrier you have is small, doesn't mean its not good, and sometimes(like in sine waves) less is better.
(note to onlookers like steve... My teach said "never, ever.... make sine waves")

Moderator note:. Please ignore tedstruck. He continually spouts nonsense that has no factual basis that I can determine.

Last edited by a moderator:

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Why type manufacturer's specs when a link is a simple copy - paste? A link also gives us far more insight to what you're considering purchasing. That said it's doubtful that this gen is going to simultaneously provide a carrier and mod freq.

Oops! Regarding my last sentence. I see now that you said it's a Dual Channel generator. Further demonstrating that a link will be better.

Chris

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Hop, am I interpreting that description correctly in that "Dual Channel" does not equate to independent frequency or wave shape control on two outputs? I'm interpreting it as identical frequencies, wave shape but with independent phase and possible level control.

Oh... thanks for the link. That's what the OP should have posted in the first place.

Chris

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Hop, am I interpreting that description correctly in that "Dual Channel" does not equate to independent frequency or wave shape control on two outputs? I'm interpreting it as identical frequencies, wave shape but with independent phase and possible level control.

Oh... thanks for the link. That's what the OP should have posted in the first place.

Chris
I just linked to the "most likely" result from a Google search using the string "25MHz Dual-channel DDS Arbitrary Waveform Function Signal Generator". It isn't confirmed that this is what the OP was considering. This thing has the capability to store, using a USB connection to a PC and external software, digitized wave forms in a small internal memory, but AFAIK the only "modulation" it can do is to sweep the frequency. AM RF signal generators tend to be a little pricey, but I think that's what the OP is looking for... probably to do two-tone tests on his SSB amateur radio rig.